50 Miawpukek Drive, Conne River, NL A0H 1J0

Member Services

Miawpukek First Nation employs a Membership Clerk to take care of day-to-day membership services such as issuing Certificates of Indian Status, name changes, address changes, marriages, births, and deaths. More information can be found in the sections below.

Forms can be found at www.mfngov.ca/forms.

You can make an appointment to visit the Membership Clerk by calling the Band Office at 709-882-2470. Further contact information is located at the bottom of this page.

Applying for On-Reserve Status

All members who wish to change their status from off-reserve to on-reserve must follow the following procedure:

  1. Contact the Membership Clerk at the Band Office to acquire a residency application.
  2. Submit completed application to the Membership Clerk.
  3. Following submission of your application, you are required to contact the Membership Clerk each month for 12 consecutive months.
  4. Upon completion of 12 consecutive monthly “checks”, you are provided a date for your Residential Hearing.
  5. A criminal record check has to be submitted to the Membership Clerk by the following:
    1. Band members
    2. Non-Band members
    3. Aboriginals from another First Nation
  1. There will be periodic, unscheduled checks to the residence identified in the application, by a Residential Committee member, to validate the information provided in the application (the number of times per week will vary).
  2. Affidavits are not accepted from family members.
  3. A report is provided to the Chief & Council at the end of each month.

All births have to be reported
See the membership clerk Mary Stride.
Provide the original birth certificate (which will be returned after he/she is registered).
Complete an application with the assistance of the Membership Clerk.


All deaths have to be reported
Provide death certificate to the Membership Clerk


All marriages have to be reported
Provide a marriage certificate to the Membership Clerk.
The female must provide a written statement stating she wishes to take her husband’s surname and how she wants her last name to be written.

CIS – Certificate of Indian Status

Anyone wishing to obtain a new Status Card or to renew their existing Status Card please contact the Membership Clerk.

Change of Name

Provide the documentation you receive from the Government changing your name to the Membership Clerk

Mailing address

We ask that you provide your current mailing address to the Membership Clerk.
This will keep our files accurate and up to date and ensure we have the ability to contact you if the need arises.

For assistance with any of the above please contact our Membership Clerk:

Mary Stride
50 Miawpukek Drive
P.O. Box 100
Conne River, NL  A0H 1J0

709-882-2148 Ext: 1225
Fax: 709-882-2292