For Miawpukek First Nation Government Members
Each member of Miawpukek First Nation Government adheres to the following Code of Ethics:
- Demonstrates a concern for the welfare and needs of the population of the Miawpukek First Nation as to the services offered under the programs provided by the Miawpukek First Nation, and is prepared to devote the required time and effort to carry out their respective roles and responsibilities.
- Does not engage in any act or activity which would bring the Miawpukek First Nation or any of its programs into disrepute.
- Does not directly or indirectly interfere with service delivery process and decision of the various programs of the Miawpukek First Nation, and in particular, a specific client or family receiving services under such programs in preference to another client or family.
- Abides by the Oath of Office and Confidentiality as outlined in MFN’s Constitution.
- Immediately notifies Saqamaw and/or General Manager and resigns as a member of Saqamaw & Council if he or she is convicted of any offence under the Criminal Code of Canada, unless Saqamaw in Council specifically waives the requirement for such resignation.
- Attendance at MFN Government meetings is mandatory and each member notifies Saqamaw if attendance is not possible.
- Each member will follow the Employee Code of Conduct for Miawpukek First Nation.
- Breach of this Code of Ethics will be dealt with on a case by case in conjunction with MFN’s Progressive Discipline Policy.